Thursday, April 14, 2011

The #winning goal and the two ensuing hugs

In my life I have never seen what I saw last night after last nights OT winning missile by Alex Semin. It has nothing to do with the outcome of the game itself, or anything of real significance. What I noticed was the way the team celebrated, generally when a guy scores a game winner every single player on the team mobs him.

This was not the case last night. After Semin scored about 4 or 5 of the Caps players swarmed Jason Arnott and celebrated as if he was the one who scored the game winner. I understand the respect the guy carries in the locker room, and I realize he made a great play to set up the goal, but that was just somewhat bizarre. If you watch the video posted below you will notice two separate celebratory hugs going on.

It is a little odd to see, but it also further emphasizes how much respect Arnott has with the guys on the team. Personally, I prefer unity following a big time OT win. However, I will admit that in some weird way this is kind of cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment