Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Cam Janssen on Twitter

Cam Janssen is now on twitter, and is tweeting about his hit on Capitals forward Matt Bradley. He wrote last night, "After watching the replay of the hit I felt bad. It is part of the game and I talked to Bradley after. There might be a suspension involved." Janssen also went on to describe the hit from his perspective saying, "Its my job to set the tone early and play with that edge. In the situation w/ Bradley I thought the puck was in his skates."

Janssen has a bit of a reputation and I think people in the hockey community will take any opportunity to demonize him. Reading his thoughts on the hit have changed my personal opinion on the guy. It was an illegal hit but I do not think it was a malicious hit. He definitely should be suspended for his actions but certainly not demonized for it. I am curious to see how many games the NHL will give Janssen. They have had over a week to make a decision but mum appears to be the word from Colin Campbell's office.

No comments:

Post a Comment